7 Ways to Guarantee Your Guests Have Fun on Your Wedding Day
Follow these simple tips to ensure every guest has a blast at your wedding day celebration.
One of the questions we like to ask potential Gardens couples is, “On the Monday morning after your wedding, what would you like your guests to remember?” Hands down, the number one answer is F-U-N. Weddings are a celebration of two people finding each other in a sometimes crazy-mixed-up world, so of course they should be one big fun party. Having been part of hundreds of weddings, The Gardens has complied seven ways couples can guarantee their guests have fun and have them waking up Monday morning with a huge smile on their face reflecting on all the fun they had.
1. You know the old saying….”Communication is key”. When it comes to your wedding day this couldn’t be more true. Whether you create a website, some type of Facebook post or an old fashion snail mail invitation, let your guests know what you’ve been planning and what they can expect. You may have planned the perfect day, but if your guests are not prepared for what will unfold on your perfect day, they may not have fun. Remember to consider the season and whether it will be hot or cold. This is particularly important if you are at an outdoor venue, give your guests suggestions for both footwear and clothing.
2. A good wedding celebration is more than just White Claw and Bush Light. Keeping your guests properly hydrated is a must. It’s your wedding day and you want it to last forever by spending the most time with your family and friends sharing experiences. Sense you’ll be spending most of the day and evening together, make sure there are plenty of beverages available throughout the day for your guests, non-alcoholic, as well as alcoholic. Remember if your getting married on a hot day, providing water stations to guests is especially important to keep guests hydrated. If you are inviting children to your wedding, consider beverage options for them and don’t forget the hardcore coffee drinkers who will be looking for a hot cup of Joe the minute dessert is served.
3. Since you’ve been planning your wedding day for months or maybe years, you know the timing of your day down to the minute, but your guests don’t. If guests are at your event for a long time, they are going to need some sort of nourishment. No one will be having fun if they are hangry. For example, let’s say your ceremony is scheduled early at 2:00 pm and guests just assume you’ll be having an early dinner. But to their surprise, dinner isn’t served until 6:00 p.m. and during the four hours between the ceremony and dinner there are no appetizers or snacks, your guests won’t be happy, they’ll be seriously hungry and hangry guests do not have fun. Be sure to consider the ages of your guests and choose to have a variety of age-appropriate snacks throughout the day to keep everyone happy and having fun.
4. Think of a fun way to incorporate your guests into the day. Yes, it’s your wedding day, but providing some special activities let guests know you appreciate their presence. From being part of the first dance to a sparkler send-off, competitive yard games or sharing a signature cocktail, anything that gives guests a feeling that they mattered during the event will work. But remember to always check with your venue to make sure the activities your thinking of are allowed.
5. Give your guests the gift of making memories. Adding their artistic skills to your unique guest books, sharing secrets to a happy marriage, and if you feel incredibly brave make speeches an open mic format. It may be a gamble, but you can always count on Uncle Bob to have a few comical stories up his sleeve to get the crowd roaring. Remember when guests are laughing, they’re having fun and making memories.
6. It’s game time! The perfect answer to starve off guests’ boredom and encourage fun is to provide a variety of games. From cornhole bags to a wedding day scavenger hunt or soccer, do whatever your family and friends find fun. Remember to provide plenty of time during the day so guests can have opportunities for the most fun.
7. We didn’t forget the number #1 fun generator during a wedding…. Music, baby! When it comes to true musical enjoyment there is nothing better than live music. It truly gets guests those who want to dance out on the floor and provides multi-sensory entertainment for guests who are more comfortable watching from their tables. Whether it’s a quartet, mariachi band, solo acoustic guitar or 10-piece live band, everyone can enjoy the talents of live musicians.
Bonus tip: After dancing, playing games and having tons of fun, send your guests off with a sweet treat. Whether it’s ice cream, donuts, or woodfire pizza, a late-night snack is always a win as guests head home reminiscing about your fun-filled wedding day. Remember by the time guests leave your wedding celebration, dinner was four hours and five cocktails ago. Keep those hangry feelings at bay and the good times coming with a little nosh to go.